Saturday, April 20, 2013

Time Well Spent


Throughout my early childhood studies, I have shared and developed a sense of community with my early childhood community of practice. I have gained knowledge, abilities, and leadership skills that will help me both in and out of the classroom. I have expanded my knowledge of effective programs and services and how to make informed decisions through research that will impact and improve my ability to work with children, early childhood professionals, and the communities.

My long term goal is to continue to promote positive learning experiences in early childhood programs for ALL children and their families.

As I look at the title of this blog, I began to shed some tears. It has definitely been “TIME WELL SPENT” on this journey of obtaining my Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Studies with a Specialization in Administration, Management, and Leadership. My final Capstone Project was challenging, but has tremendously deepened my understanding and knowledge in the early childhood field. I can remember Dr. Davis putting in some of the course assignments: “the sky is the limit”- when you envision your own growth and accomplishments in the field. My understanding of this phrase is to mean that the potential you have in the early childhood field is limitless. There is no limit on how you can advocate for social change for children and their families in the early childhood field.

To my Instructor and Colleagues- Words of Encouragement:
 

 

8 comments:

  1. Carol,

    I enjoyed reading your final post! It is a bitter sweet ending I am happy to have completed my course work but I will miss the confort and security of the adult classroom setting. Good luck!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    I too have shed some tears. I am very happy to be done, but proud of myself too. I can't believe we made it!!!!
    Best wishes,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me". This quote has been extremely inspirational to me throughout my educational journey at Walden University. Despite the challenges that were placed in my path during this journey, this quote encouraged me to remain focused and dedicated to achieving my ultimate goal. I want to congratulate you on obtaining your Mater of Science Degree in Early Childhood Studies at Walden University. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors as an early childhood professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well put Carol. I appreciater all of you. I don't want to get mushy but I am so happy for all of us. Have a wonderful future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes Carol. I like the idea of "No Limit" as a tag line for ECE! Hmmm, to the end, you've got me thinking...
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,
    The challenge has been well worth it. I am so much more confident in my deep knowledge of my passion. I know it's history and the research...I have no limits now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol,
    The words of encouragement are the reason why we are all winners! Best Wishes Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, I enjoyed reading your blog. I would like to wish you much success in the future. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete